Today I am sharing my take on a vegan chicken noodle soup recipe using cauliflower- this is my vegan cauliflower noodle soup!
I think we all need a big bowl of this delicious and healthy vegan cauliflower noodle soup! Soups are so comforting and make an easy healthy family dinner! In our house we often have soups for dinner as the main meal. It helps to add noodles like in this recipe to make it more filling and to please little tummies!
Indeed, soups are so nutritious, healing and comforting. This is why I love making soups on Sunday night! And last week we were all a bit sick (just a cold) so I made us this yummy healthy vegan cauliflower noodle soup. The broth, vegetables and herbs help to make this soup really soothing and delicious.This soup is packed with nutrients and is very anti inflammatory with turmeric, garlic, onions and cauliflower. The best thing to eat right now! We have been having this soup every few weeks and I think we will continue having this vegan noodle soup all across winter this year!
Healthy nutrition, spreading kindness, hand washing and self isolation are our best tools right now! I hope you will enjoy this cauliflower noodle soup!
Tips to make the cauliflower vegan noodle soup:
The cauliflower needs to be cut into very small florets and the vermicelli noodles cut in half to make it easier to eat/drink with a spoon.
You can easily leave the shitake mushrooms out if you don’t like them. (My husband doesn’t like them) and you can also add broccoli instead of cauliflower. And you can either make this soup very liquid or reduce the stock/water to make it more of a noodle dish. I like mine very liquid so it is more of a soup with a few noodles. I also save most of the noodles for my kids haha
Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Noodle Soup
- 2 brown onions
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 chunk of ginger -2 cm
- 1 chunk of turmeric root or 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried herbs
- 4 stalks of celery
- 3 carrots
- 5-10 dried shitake mushrooms (optional)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 Litres of vegetable stock or water.
- 100 gr vermicelli noodles
- salt and pepper
- In a large sauce pan heat up the olive oil, and cook your diced onions and garlic cloves until soft.
- Add in the finely diced ginger and turmeric root and stir together;
- Add in the sliced carrots, celery and cauliflower (cut into tiny small florets);
- Add the herbs in as well as the shitake mushrooms and combine together;
- Pour water or veggie stock and bring to a boil;
- Lower the heat to medium and cook until the vegetables are soft;
- Add in the noodles and cook for a few minutes until the noodles are cooked through;
- Serve into bowls with added herbs, salt and pepper.
If you like this vegan chicken noodle soup recipe you might also enjoy these recipes of mine:
- Plant-based eggplant & zucchini lasagna
- Healthy French Bowls
- creamy vegan sundried tomato pasta
- Easy tofu pasta
- Kale and lentil stew
Also if you make this vegan noodle soup recipe I would love to see it so please tag me @healthyfrenchwife on your stories. I know so many of you have already made my easy vegan noodle soup and love it!