I am sharing my version of a creamy vegan broccoli pasta: a green mac and cheese vegan pasta! Creamy, green and delicious to get some extra veggies into kids’ diets!
My three kids and I have been loving a plant-based mac and cheese made with boiled carrots and potatoes. I saw a green mac and cheese on TV the other day and decided to create a similar version but plant-based with boiled potatoes and broccoli. It is cheesy with the nutritional yeast. A perfect midweek dinner!
This creamy Vegan Broccoli Pasta recipe is:
- Creamy and comforting
- packed full of hidden broccoli and spinach
- quickly made in a blender
- Easy to make
- Vegan (of course)
- Low fat and high fibre
- High in iron from the potatoes
Substitutions when making my vegan green mac and cheese:
This pasta is made with macaroni so you can easily swap them for gluten-free pasta if you wish.
If you want to make it soy-free use unsweetened almond milk instead or oat milk.
You can add more spinach or kale if you wish.
How to make my creamy vegan broccoli pasta:
Vegan Green Mac and Cheese
- 1 packet of macaroni pasta
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes (about 3 small potatoes)
- 1 cup diced broccoli (1 head of broccoli)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- handful baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- Peel and dice your potatoes. Boil water in a medium pot on the stove.
- Once the water is boiling, add the diced potatoes first. Leave them to boil first 5 minutes then add the broccoli.
- In the meantime, boil a large pot of water for the pasta and cook the pasta following the packet instructions.
- Once the vegetables are soft. Drain the water and add them to a blender, along with the spinach, soy milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth then pour on the cooked macaroni pasta and top with nutritional yeast and pepper.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this creamy Vegan Broccoli Pasta. I bet your kids will love this vegan green mac and cheese recipe!
And, if you do make this creamy Vegan Broccoli Pasta recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This vegan green mac and cheese recipe is:
For more vegan pasta recipes you might like these: