Today I am sharing with you my vegan zucchini lasagna recipe with cashew cheese!
I absolutely love vegan lasagnas- they might be one of my most favourite meals ever! I find vegan lasagnas to be as good as traditional lasagnas with a delicious creamy cashew cheese topping and flavoursome veggies! We make lasagna quite often in our family and it is always a hit! I think lasagnas make such a family friendly meal. Also as a mum I love that I can sneak in extra veggies when making it! I have even blended canned beans in the passata sauce in the past! My kids love this “pasta cake”!!
I hope you will enjoy this vegan zucchini lasagna recipe with a cashew cheese on top! I sure do!
We have made this cashew cheese and zucchini lasagna a few times now. This lasagna is best served with a big Italian salad on the side. Or even some vegan garlic bread!
Another tip: when I make lasagnas I actually make two and keep one in the freezer! Super handy for lazy nights! (I cook it and then recook it in the oven 20-40 minutes until warm enough to eat).
Nut-free: You can make this vegan lasagna recipe nut-free by swapping the vegan cashew cheese and pine nuts for a layer of vegan bechamel made with soymilk and vegan butter or store-bought vegan cheese.
You can also add eggplants, lentils, baby spinach or mushroom for different vegan lasagna options.
Vegan Zucchini Lasagna with Cashew Cheese
- 250 gr lasagna sheets
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 jar passata sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian dried herbs
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- salt and pepper
Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup soaked cashews (3-6 hours in water or overnight)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- pinch of salt and turmeric powder to make it more yellow.
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Layer your lasagna with tomato sauce at the bottom of your lasagna dish then lasagna sheets, sliced zucchini, canned tomatoes, lasagna sheets, tomato sauce and repeat until finished.
- In a blender make your cashew cheese sauce using soaked cashews and the rest of the ingredients. Then blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top the lasagna with the cashew cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven covered for 40 min. Remove the foil and grill 10 minutes.
Also, if you like this vegan lasagna recipe you might also enjoy these recipes:
- vegan creamy sundried tomato pasta
- Vegan creamy mushroom pasta
- Easy tofu pasta
- Plant-based lasagna with lentils
And if you make this vegan zucchini lasagna please share it on your stories and tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife I would love to see! Alternatively you can also leave me a question or comment below.
Also for more savoury recipes you can find more in my upcoming cookbook Healthy Little Tummies! Check it out here.