I had made this pasta ages ago and never got around to sharing the recipe. I love a simple creamy vegan pasta and I absolutely love mushrooms in pasta. So I hope you enjoy this recipe of mine.
Otherwise life is pretty busy here, I am 29 weeks pregnant and currently have my in-laws visiting. I haven’t made them any of my sweet recipes yet but tomorrow I am attempting a vegan gluten-free orange loaf as my mother-in-law is coeliac and they brought over from Mildura some homegrown organic citrus fruits.
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- 1 packet of pasta of choice
- 500gr of brown mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic – chopped finely.
- 1 onion- chopped finely.
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of soaked cashews (for a few hours or in boiling water while the rest cooks if no time)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Cook pasta as per the packet’s instructions.
2. In a pan cook the chopped garlic and onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Stir often.
3. Once the onions are clear add the sliced mushrooms and cook stirring until brown.
4. Add in the parsley and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Blend your cashew cream ingredients in a blender and pour into your pan stirring for a few minutes.
6. Pour on top of your pasta, add more parsley and serve.