I am sharing my creamy vegan mushroom pasta recipe. This creamy pasta recipe is loved by my 3 kids and features very often for dinner at our house.
I had made this creamy vegan mushroom pasta ages ago and never got around to sharing the recipe. I love a simple creamy vegan pasta and I absolutely love mushrooms in pasta. So I hope you enjoy this recipe of mine.
Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- 1 packet of pasta of choice
- 500gr of brown mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic – chopped finely.
- 1 onion- chopped finely.
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of soaked cashews (for a few hours or in boiling water while the rest cooks if no time)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Cook pasta as per the packetâ€™s instructions.
2. In a pan cook the chopped garlic and onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Stir often.
3. Once the onions are clear add the sliced mushrooms and cook stirring until brown.
4. Add in the parsley and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Blend your cashew cream ingredients in a blender and pour into your pan stirring for a few minutes.
6. Pour on top of your pasta, add more parsley and serve.
For other vegan pasta recipes of mine check out this blogpost.
Also, for other family plant-based recipes check out my cookbook Healthy Little Tummies.
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This vegan creamy mushroom pasta recipe contains nuts (cashews) and wheat but you can make it gluten-free by using gf pasta.
Leave a Reply