Just realised I posted this recipe without including a little brief about it before. haha Silly me! I made these lemon and blueberry cheesecakes to share with a friend for a playdate. I have been craving raw vegan treats lately. I am glad I don’t live in a town where they are easily found or I would be buying some everyday! I like making them and my twins loved them too.
A healthier for you little treat in a perfect little portion. Vegan, GF, low sugar and really yummy! I am always surprised at how close to normal cheesecake flavour they can taste with cashews. Also definitely not as sweet…
Mini Raw Vegan Lemon Blueberry CheesecakeÂ
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup of soaked cashews (overnight)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries
- To make the base, mix the almonds then add the dates in a food processor until it forms a fine crumb then add the coconut oil and combine.
- Press the mixture down in silicon muffing moulds using a glass or your fingers. Store in the freezer while you make the next step.
- For the cheesecake layer: soak your cashews – preferably overnight or for a few hours in hot/boiling water.
- Blend in a food processor with the juice of 1 lemon, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
- Get your base out of the freezer. Add a few fresh or frozen blueberries on top of the bases then spoon the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with more blueberries and freeze for 2-3 hours to set. Take out of the freezer for one hour before serving and store them in the fridge.
Katherine E.T. Gaboya says
Due to nut allergies, what can we use to sub the almonds and cashews?