Today we have a delicious Spring Vegan Asparagus Quiche with no tofu! I have another vegan quiche recipe made with tofu and I received a lot of questions on how to make it soy-free.
So, this new vegan quiche version is completely soy-free!
What is a vegan quiche made of?
You might be wondering what is the ingredient used to make a quiche vegan! A lot of vegan quiches include silken tofu but this quiche is made with chickpea flour.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
So instead of eggs, cream, dairy I am simply using water and chickpea flour (found in my local supermarket). I added black Himalayan salt to give it a more eggy taste but this is really optional.
I myself like both type of vegan quiches, the chickpea quiches and the tofu quiches!
Vegan Asparagus Chickpea Quiche
- 1 store-bought vegan crust or homemade crust
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil/ or EVO
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of turmeric
- pinch of Kala Namak
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 punnet grape/cherry tomatoes
- optional: baby spinach
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 185 degrees Celsius and line a quiche pan with baking paper.
- Either use store-bought puff pastry or make your own crust, lay it in your quiche pan and blind bake for 10 minutes;
- In a bowl combine the chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, turmeric, black salt, salt and pepper, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder and whisk together;
- Pour the chickpea mixture into the quiche pan and top with fresh asparagus, tomatoes and season with salt and pepper;
- Place the quiche back in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with a garden salad.
To make this quiche gluten-free you could buy some gluten-free store bought crust or you can make your own using buckwheat flour. Check out my crust recipe for this quiche and swap the flour for buckwheat.
If you like this vegan recipe of mine please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife in your stories!
Moreover, if you are after more healthy plant-based family recipes check out my cookbook Healthy Little Tummies. It has a lot of healthy dinner recipes like this vegan asparagus quiche with chickpea flour. Including many recipes gluten-free, oil-free and wfpb!
You might also like this quiche recipe with tofu and leeks: French Vegan Leek Quiche.