Today I want to share this vegan quiche recipe with leeks and tofu. If you have never tried baking a vegan leek quiche I hope you will find my recipe easy enough to make. I even shared my vegan quiche crust recipe!
I grew up eating quiches very often (In case you didn’t know I am French and grew up in France for the first 18 years of my life and moved to Australia at 18 and now call Australia home! but I disgress!) so back to quiche- my mum made them a lot, Quiche Lorraine, leek quiche, tomato quiche, onion quiche, blue cheese and spinach quiche… So many but never vegan haha I do miss eating them so I gave a go at making this Vegan French Leek Quiche!
Quiches are great to have for a lunch or a light dinner. I also like making mini quiches to share when having friends over. This vegan quiche recipe is good both cold or warm out of the oven. Personally I actually prefer leftover leek quiche when it is nice and cold from the fridge.
I also used arrowroot flour and silken tofu to make the filling in this vegan tofu quiche with leeks. If you don’t have tofu you could try with a bit of chickpea flour or a bit of plant-milk and more corn flour to thicken it. I have not tried that version so I cant guarantee your vegan quiche will work!
I think this vegan quiche recipe could also be made with spinach, roasted vegetables, collard greens or tomatoes and mustard which are also delicious quiche fillings. I used leeks which are in season right now in Autumn in Australia but you could use any other veggies to make the quiche of your choice!
Vegan Leek Quiche
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Vegan Leek filling
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 leeks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300 gr silken tofu
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
To make the crust
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a bowl combine the flour, olive oil, salt and water and combine until it forms a nice dough soft and create a ball with your hands. Dont over knead the dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on your benchtop and roll the dough in a circle thinly then place the dough in a tart tin (greased with olive oil or lined with baking paper to make it easier to remove);
- Place in the oven to blind bake for 10 minutes (using beans for example)
To make the quiche filling
- Dice the onion, garlic and leeks (rinse your leeks too) and cook them in a pan with a bit of olive oil;While the veggies cook combine in a blender the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined and smooth.
- When the quiche crust is ready and the veggies are soft, add the tofu sauce and the cooked leeks inside the quiche crust, combine the leek and tofu with a spoon. Place the quiche in the oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
If you like this vegan Leek quiche recipe you might enjoy these other recipes:
Also tag me on Instagram if you do make my vegan quiche! I would love to see!