Today I want to share this vegan leek quiche recipe with silken tofu. If you have never tried baking a vegan quiche recipe I hope you will find my recipe easy enough to make. I even shared my vegan quiche crust recipe!
I grew up eating quiches very often (In case you didn’t know I am French and grew up in France for the first 18 years of my life and moved to Australia at 18 and now call Australia home! but I disgress!) so back to quiche- my mum made them a lot, Quiche Lorraine, leek quiche, tomato quiche, onion quiche, blue cheese and spinach quiche… So many but never vegan. So I did miss eating them since becoming vegan. Which is why I gave a go at making this Vegan Leek Quiche! I think you will love it as much as I do!
This vegan silken tofu quiche recipe is:
- made with silken tofu
- delicious cold or warm
- the perfect lunch leftover
- a light family dinner
- perfect for Autumn and winter
Quiches are great to have for a lunch or a light dinner. I also like making mini quiches to share when having friends over. This vegan leek quiche recipe is good both cold or warm out of the oven. Personally I actually prefer leftover vegan leek quiche when it is nice and cold from the fridge.
I also used arrowroot flour and silken tofu to make the filling in this vegan silken tofu quiche with leeks. If you don’t have tofu you could try with chickpea flour like in my chickpea flour quiche.
This vegan leek quiche recipe could also be made with spinach, mushrooms, roasted vegetables, collard greens or tomatoes and mustard which are also delicious quiche fillings. I used leeks which are in season right now in Autumn in Australia but you could use any other veggies to make the quiche recipe of your choice!
To make it soy-free use chickpea flour. To make it gluten-free you can make a gf crust using oat flour or buckwheat.
How to make my vegan leek quiche:
Vegan Leek Quiche
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Vegan Leek filling
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 leeks
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300 gr silken tofu
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
To make the crust
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a bowl combine the flour, olive oil, salt and water and combine until it forms a nice dough soft and create a ball with your hands. Dont over knead the dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on your benchtop and roll the dough in a circle thinly then place the dough in a tart tin (greased with olive oil or lined with baking paper to make it easier to remove);
- Place in the oven to blind bake for 10 minutes (using beans for example)
To make the quiche filling
- Dice the onion, garlic and leeks (rinse your leeks too) and cook them in a pan with a bit of olive oil;While the veggies cook combine in a blender the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined and smooth.
- When the quiche crust is ready and the veggies are soft, add the tofu sauce and the cooked leeks inside the quiche crust, combine the leek and tofu with a spoon. Place the quiche in the oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
If you like this vegan Leek quiche recipe you might enjoy these other recipes:
- Chickpea Asparagus Quiche
- French vegan bowls
- French Lentil & Kale Stew
- Vegan French crepes
- Vegan Apple tarte tatin
Also tag me on Instagram if you do make my vegan quiche! I would love to see your recreations.
This silken tofu quiche recipe contains:
- soy (make it soy-free by using chickpea flour!)