Before you skip past this post I have to tell you pizza dough made with yogurt is really a thing!! And you need to try it! Next time you make homemade pizzas try making your own coconut yogurt pizza dough! No you won’t taste coconut for the dough! but make sure the coconut ypgurt you are using is unsweetened to make this coconut yogurt pizza dough!
I have a super simple pizza dough recipe for you made with only 2 ingredients! Coconut yogurt (unsweetened) and self raising flour! No need to let it rise and you can have homemade yummy vegan pizzas for dinner in a minute!
This pizza dough would also make a nice focaccia type of recipe! In this photo I made a bit of a different pizza again using Hummus and veggies yes hummus haha I have to innovate as a food blogger to get good ideas. Maybe sometimes it is a bit of a flop haha I must say I never made again hummus pizza since that time 2 years ago as I posted the recipe for the first time!
The pizza dough will want to rise so you need to make sure to flatten it lots as mine wasn’t as thin as I would have liked it to be (got lazy pressing it down with my fingers!) so maybe use a rolling pin!
2 ingredients Vegan Pizza Dough
- 2 cups of Cocobella Natural Coconut yogurt (unsweetened)
- 3 cups of wholemeal self raising flour
- Mix the 2 ingredients together with your hands until you get a dough ball.
- Knead for a few minutes and lay flat with your fingers on a pizza tray lined with baking paper.
- Top with your favourite toppings and cook for 15-20 minutes at 225 degrees Celsius.
Ideas for toppings:
- Tomato paste
- Black olives
- Sundried tomatoes
- Red onion
- vegan cheese
- Dollops of cashew cheese
If you like this coconut yogurt pizza dough recipe you might also enjoy these recipes: