These vegan banana muffins with oat flour and chocolat chips are sure to be a hit in your house! My 3 kids have been requesting them daily in the lockdown!
I know I just shared another muffin recipe with oat flour and chocolate chips but this banana oat chocolate chip muffins recipe is slightly different and made with ripe bananas.
These banana oat chocolate chip muffins are:
- oil-free (just sprayed the muffin tin)
- low sugar (only a few tablespoons of maple syrup)
- very delicious
- very easy to make
- make the perfect snack
I love the combination of the bananas and chocolate chips in baking and these oat chocolate chip muffins do not disappoint on that front!
We have made them 3 days in a row while currently home schooling. They are so quick and easy to make and make for a great home schooling learning activity!
They also require very limited ingredients and are loved by small and big kids alike!
HOW TO MAKE MY OAT FLOUR BANANA MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Vegan Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 Degrees Fahrenheit);
- Grease a muffin tin or use muffin cases;
- In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork;
- Add in the oat flour, almond meal, vanilla, baking powder, maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and combine together.
- Spoon the batter into 8-9 muffins (I made half muffins with this recipe- short ones);
- Place the muffins in the oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes (355 Degrees Fahrenheit);
You can replace the maple syrup with date syrup. And the oat flour can be replaced with buckwheat or spelt flour but you might need to add a little more liquid with buckwheat flour as it is quite absorbing.
I do not recommend substituting the almond flour.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love these banana oat chocolate chip muffins for your next snack!
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This recipe is:
- contains nuts (almonds)