I have a new delicious muffin recipe to share with you! These vegan blueberry oat muffins with dark chocolate chips. These oat muffins are vegan, gluten-free and nut-free so perfect for lunchboxes. With delicious dark chocolate chips, hemp seeds and blueberries they make a perfect and delicious morning tea treat, breakfast on the go and afternoon snack.
Incase you missed it we have recently moved interstate in a new town called Bendigo in Victoria. I made these muffins during our quarantine and they were so delicious and loved by everyone! I have made them 3 times to make sure they were perfect.
When making these oat muffins you can use homemade oat flour (which I did by processing rolled oats into flour in a blender) or store bought oat flour. I was out of flour that day so I blended the oats to make flour. It is a great tip when running out of flour.
These muffins are quite healthy as made with oat flour only, only a little bit of olive oil and hemp seeds. They are also pretty low in sugar and I have used half monk fruit and half sugar to make them healthier for my children.
One tip: when baking muffins you want the batter to be quite dry. If yours is too liquid add more rolled oats and wait a bit for them to soak the liquid.
Vegan Oat Blueberry Muffins Recipe:
Vegan Blueberry Oat Muffins
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled or quick oats
- 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup soy or oat milk + 2 tbsp
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and grease a 12 muffin hole baking mould or use muffin paper cases.
- In a bowl combine, oat flour (or blend your oats to make 3 cups of flour), 3/4 cup of sugar, vanilla, baking powder and the rolled oats.
- Then add in the hemp seeds, olive oil and the plant milk before mixing it together with a fork.
- Add in the frozen blueberries and dark chocolate chips and fold in the muffin batter;
- Spoon the muffin batter into each muffin hole and top with extra oats, hemp seeds and dark chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Leave them to cool and gently lift them out of the muffin holes.
Substitutions when making my vegan oat blueberry muffins:
I used a combination of dark chocolate chips, hemp seeds and frozen blueberries to make these vegan oat blueberry muffins but you could also use other nuts, seeds and raspberries.
These muffins are:
If you like these vegan oat blueberry muffins with chocolate chips you might also like these vegan muffin recipes of mine:
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this vegan oat blueberry muffin recipe!
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.