I have a new delicious muffin recipe to share with you! These vegan blueberry oat muffins with dark chocolate chips. These oat muffins are vegan, gluten-free and nut-free so perfect for lunchboxes. With delicious dark chocolate chips, hemp seeds and blueberries they make a perfect and delicious morning tea treat, breakfast on the go and afternoon snack.
Incase you missed it we have recently moved interstate in a new town called Bendigo in Victoria. I made these muffins during our quarantine and they were so delicious and loved by everyone! I have made them 3 times to make sure they were perfect.
When making these oat muffins you can use homemade oat flour (which I did by processing rolled oats into flour in a blender) or store bought oat flour. I was out of flour that day so I blended the oats to make flour. It is a great tip when running out of flour.
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
These muffins are quite healthy as made with oat flour only, only a little bit of olive oil and hemp seeds. They are also pretty low in sugar and I have used half monk fruit and half sugar to make them healthier for my children.
One tip: when baking muffins you want the batter to be quite dry. If yours is too liquid add more rolled oats and wait a bit for them to soak the liquid.
Vegan Oat Blueberry Muffins Recipe:
Vegan Blueberry Oat Muffins
- 3 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled or quick oats
- 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup soy or oat milk + 2 tbsp
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and grease a 12 muffin hole baking mould or use muffin paper cases.
- In a bowl combine, oat flour (or blend your oats to make 3 cups of flour), 3/4 cup of sugar, vanilla, baking powder and the rolled oats.
- Then add in the hemp seeds, olive oil and the plant milk before mixing it together with a fork.
- Add in the frozen blueberries and dark chocolate chips and fold in the muffin batter;
- Spoon the muffin batter into each muffin hole and top with extra oats, hemp seeds and dark chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Leave them to cool and gently lift them out of the muffin holes.
Substitutions when making my vegan oat blueberry muffins:
I used a combination of dark chocolate chips, hemp seeds and frozen blueberries to make these vegan oat blueberry muffins but you could also use other nuts, seeds and raspberries.
These muffins are:
If you like these vegan oat blueberry muffins with chocolate chips you might also like these vegan muffin recipes of mine:
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this vegan oat blueberry muffin recipe!
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.