Hello everyone! It has been a few weeks since I have shared a recipe on my blog. I have been busy with the launch of my cookbook Healthy Little Tummies!
But today I am sharing this delicious vegan blackcurrant financiers recipe I created in collaboration with Bonne Maman and the launch of their new Blackcurrant Conserve! So delicious! I grew up eating a lot of blackcurrants and love the taste of this new jam.
I also used to love financiers growing up in France and I think my vegan financiers taste just as good. You can easily make them gluten-free and they are not overly sweet with the use of maple syrup and Bonne Maman blackcurrant conserve. Very easy to make they look very impressive but only require a few ingredients. They are great for a Sunday afternoon treat. I made them last weekend when it snowed and enjoyed one with a cup of tea!
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Vegan Financiers with Blackcurrant Jam
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 1/3 cup self raising wheat or gf flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup nut milk of choice
- 1/4 cup Bonne Maman Blackcurrant conserve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond essence (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp almond flakes
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius;
- Line a muffin tray with paper cases;
- In a bowl combine the almond meal, flour, maple syrup, vanilla essence, almond essence and nut milks. Stir to combine well with a spoon.
- Add in the Bonne Maman Conserve and stir slightly (just once or twice)- don’t blend the jam in the dough.
- Spoon the batter in the paper cases, top with a few almond flakes and place in the oven to cook for 30-35 minutes.
I like adding almond essence when making almond based recipes to accentuate the taste of almonds like in these vegan financiers but feel free to leave it out if you don’t have or don’t like almond essence.
I recommend using muffin cases when making these otherwise they can easily break when taking them out of the pan out of the oven.
If you don’t have blackcurrant jam you could swap for any berry jam! Perfect for days when you don’t have berries to do some baking!
If you make this recipe please leave me a comment below or share it on Instagram tagging me in your stories @healthyfrenchwife
If you like this recipe you might also like these recipes of mine: