What is better than banana bread? My vegan marble chocolate banana bread!
Today I am sharing this delicious and healthy vegan chocolate marble banana bread! This recipe is vegan, refined sugar free and easy to make. This marble banana bread has been recreated on my Instagram by so many of you already! It makes me so happy to see you enjoy and make my recipes. You can tag me @healthyfrenchwife too if you make it!
This marble vegan chocolate banana bread is definitely one my most popular recipes and for a good reason! It is very healthy (you can even make it oil-free below).
It is chocolate banana bread with a little marble effect. It tends to be on the moist/ gooey side so if you don’t like that reduce the plant milk quantity to 1 cup.
You can easily make it nut-free by using soy or coconut milk instead of nut milk. I keep my recipes pretty low in sugar to share with my children so if you have a sweet tooth add 1/3 cup of coconut or raw sugar.
To make it gluten-free use oat or buckwheat flour. I have had readers who did this and had success with my vegan marble chocolate banana bread recipe.
Recipe for my vegan chocolate marble banana bread:
Vegan Chocolate Marble Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose/ wholemeal flour
- 3 ripe bananas (small bananas or use 2 medium)
- 2 cups nut milk or soy/oat milk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or sub for more plant milk
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 extra banana to top
- 2 tsp coconut sugar to top
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender mash the bananas (or use a fork).
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together then add the bananas mashed and the wet ingredients apart from the cacao.
- Put half of the batter on the side then add the cacao in the remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of the banana layer then a layer of chocolate layer until you use them both.
- Top with a sliced banana and a sprinkle of coconut sugar.
- Cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (350 Degrees F)
- Leave to cool down completely before slicing as it is more on the goey side.
I recently updated this post in May 2020 and recreated this vegan marble banana bread recipe into muffins! If you want to make this recipe into muffins just bake them for 15-20 minutes or until baked throughout.
Making this recipe oil-free:
I am often making this recipe and have lately been making this recipe oil-free. I either add 1 extra banana if using small bananas or add more plant milk at the end if the batter is too dry. I don’t think the recipe needs the coconut oil to be tasty. Because coconut oil is high in saturated fat I am now trying to reduce our consumption and also because oils are very processed and high in calories. Better to enjoy some oil-free cake!
If you like this banana bread recipe you might also enjoy these recipes:
- gluten-free Vegan Banana Buckwheat Cake
- one bowl vegan mocha banana bread
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Fluffy vegan chocolate chip banana pancakes
Tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife if you do make it!
BEST banana bread ever! So moist and delicious, thank you soooooooo much 🙂
James @ Lifestyle Therapy says
Such a cool marble effect. We make this a lot!