I have a new vegan banana bread recipe for you! A vegan chocolate peanut butter banana bread which is the love child between 2 of my most popular recipes! This Chocolate marble banana bread and this peanut butter choc chip loaf! Combine the 2 together and you get this delicious vegan chocolate peanut butter banana bread!!
To make this recipe, I had to fight my monkeys (my kids) all week to save 4 bananas to get them ripe! I ended up having to put them very high and hide them as Annabelle would see them and ask for a “nana” without a fail for ever! We consume about 2-3 bananas, 2-3 apples, 2-3 mandarins and 2-3 kiwis at the moment daily in our home between the 5 of us!
Anyway back to this recipe- this recipe is as always vegan, I also used wholemeal spelt flour (only flour I could get my hands on this time). So best to use wholemeal spelt or wheat flour if you recreate this at home.
I also keep mine pretty low sugar for my kids so if you wanted you could increase the coconut sugar to 3/4 cup. And I also kept this recipe oil-free but I used 1 cup of peanut butter. You can add 3-4 tbsp of melted coconut oil if you prefer your banana bread very goey.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1.5 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup runny peanut butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup nut milk/ soy milk
- 1/2 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork then combine them with the peanut butter and soy milk and maple syrup. Combine well.
- Add in the dry ingredients and combine with a spatula. Try not over stirring.
- Pour the batter in the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Leave to cool down before slicing. Top with extra peanut butter (optional)
The runny peanut butter topping on top is optional. But if you want to make it either use runny peanut butter or combine your peanut butter with some coconut oil or hot water to make it runnier.
Also please leave a comment below on my website! It means a lot to me and helps grow my blog! Thanks a lot xx
I have shared other recipes with similar ingredients that you might also enjoy:
- Vegan gluten-free banana buckwheat cake
- Vegan one bowl mocha banana bread
- Vegan chocolate marble banana bread
- Vegan peanut butter choc chip loaf
- Vegan raw peanut choc slice
- Vegan peanut butter GF cookies
If you want to see more of my recipes and daily meals I share a lot more on my Instagram page. Make sure you follow me @healthyfrenchwife