Make my healthy vegan gluten-free gingerbread men cookies this Christmas!
These gluten-free vegan gingerbread men inspired cookies are made with only 3 ingredients! Yes that’s right! 3 ingredients only including spices. Much easier than many other gingerbread cookies.
This gingerbread men cookies is a perfect Christmas baking recipe. I like making these gingerbread men cookies with some Christmas music playing in the background. Such a nice activity to do in the lead-up to Christmas with my children.
I also like that this recipe for my vegan gingerbread men cookies does not have molasses or golden syrup. Only almond meal, maple syrup and spices.
You can also add frosting and decorating to your cookies but I often jut make them plain as they are really delicious just as it is. You can add chocolate chips instead to make eyes.
How to make my vegan gluten-free gingerbread men cookies:
Vegan Gluten-free Gingerbread Men Cookies
- 2 1/3 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder (or more)
- Preheat your oven to 120 degrees Celsius. (250F)
- In a bowl combine the almond meal, maple syrup and spices. Place the dough in the freezer (just in the bowl is fine) for 20 minutes.
- Once the dough has cooled, place the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use a gingerbread man cutter and other cookies cutters to cut out shapes. Place on trays about 3cm apart. Repeat with any excess dough. Place the excess dough in the freezer to re-cool in between batches.
- Place the cookies in the oven to cook at 120 degrees C (250F) for 15 minutes. Leave to cool and decorate if you wish.
Now this recipe works very well but you need to follow the exact quantities and make sure your dough is cold enough to roll and make the shapes.
I place my dough in the freezer 20 minutes and cool the excess dough in the freezer between each round of cutting shapes.
And it is easier to move the parchment paper with the cookies to the oven tray as opposed to move each cookie one by one.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this vegan gingerbread men cookies recipe!
You might also like these Christmas recipes of mine:
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have.
And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This vegan gingerbread men cookie recipe is:
If looking for other vegan meal ideas check out my 4 Week Plant-based Reset meal plans and recipes here!
Leave a Reply