This sunshine in a glass smoothie with orange, ginger, turmeric and mango is a super healthy way to start the day! My spin on the turmeric lemon ginger shot from the juice bars! Find the recipe for my golden smoothie below.
This golden orange turmeric smoothie is the perfect energising smoothie to start your day or pick-me up in the afternoon as I often like to drink it. It truly is a refreshing zingy drink that brings a pep in my step!
This vegan golden smoothie recipe is:
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
- easy to make
- only needs a blender
- creamy and refreshing
- packed full of vitamin C
- high in antioxidants
- high in fibre
- great for gut health
- good for health skin and immunity
How to make my golden orange turmeric smoothie:
- Peel the orange and lemon and add them to a blender;
- Add your peeled chopped raw ginger and turmeric;
- Then add half of a banana, then 1/3 cup frozen mango;
- Add 1/4 cup of water or more and blend on high until smooth.
- Enjoy straight away.
Golden Orange Turmeric Smoothie
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup frozen mango or pineapple
- 2cm chunk raw turmeric root or 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 cm chunk raw ginger root
- 1 peeled lemon
- 1 peeled orange
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Peel the ginger, turmeric, lemon and orange;
- Add them to a blender along with the banana, mango and water;
- blend on high until smooth;
- Serve immediately.
You could substitute the lemon or orange with grapefruit or use 2 oranges. If you cannot find raw turmeric root you can add 1 tsp of turmeric powder instead or less depending on taste.
To help increase absorption of curcumin (found in turmeric) you can add a pinch of black pepper to increase turmeric’s benefits.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this vegan golden orange turmeric smoothie ! If you are after something a bit more indulgent try my vegan orange and almond cake.
And, if you do make this golden smoothie recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This smoothie recipe is: