Today I am sharing my simple vegan tofu scramble recipe. I make this for our lunches quite often.
It used to be one of my biggest cravings during pregnancy, and it’s perfect for pregnancy, with all the protein!
My simple vegan tofu scramble recipe makes such a healthy nutritious lunch with a great dose of protein and vegetables.
This recipe can also be enjoyed for breakfast or dinner!
Vegan Tofu Scramble Recipe
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 300 gr classic tofu or silken
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional to make it more egg like)
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari or sub for coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic or onion powder
- vegan parmesan or oregano leaves to top.
- Dice and cook your onion and garlic in a pan with a bit of olive oil until cooked;
- Add in the sliced cherry tomatoes and baby spinach and cook for a few minutes;
- Add in the classic tofu and scramble with the back of the spoon. Mix it around and add all the seasonings.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring it until it looks scrambled.
- Top with oregano, vegan parmesan, salt and pepper and serve with salad and sourdough.
Finally, add some hot sauce and you are good to go!
I’m using this spicy Piri-Piri sauce (Canada shipping only, currently) but this one is very similar and ships worldwide.
You can serve my tofu scramble recipe with a salad, and tortillas or I like it with sourdough too. Tofu scramble is also a great dish to make for kids.
Maybe leave the onion or garlic out to make it more child-friendly but my kids really like it too. If you want more info to reduce picky eating check out this post and this post.
Is Soy Safe?
Now I know some of you might be worried about consuming soy. I get so many questions about whether soy is safe to eat. I wrote a blog post on the subject.
In short, yes soy is safe to consume but you should eat a diverse plant-based diet including many different sorts of plant-based protein.
Also if you can choose organic non-gmo soy.
==> Read my post on soy here. It can be a personal choice but as a nutritionist I recommend tofu 2-3 times per week for a great protein packed meal.
Tofu is also high in calcium and iron, 2 very important minerals on a vegan diet. I hope you will try my simple vegan tofu scramble recipe!
In case you don’t already follow me please check out my Instagram pages @healthyfrenchwife.
If you want more recipes using tofu check out these other vegan tofu recipes of mine:
Leave a Reply