I have a new recipe for you! This vegan Raspberry Buckwheat Choc Chip Loaf is also gluten-free, nut-free and refined-sugar-free. I hope you will enjoy this new recipe of mine. I would love for you to leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram if you make this vegan raspberry loaf.
Vegan Buckwheat Raspberry Choc Chip Loaf
- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat (or wholemeal flour)
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut or raw sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (mashed banana or vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper;
- In a bowl combine the flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, coconut sugar, vanilla and stir.
- Pour the soy milk, maple syrup, apple sauce and fold in to combine.
- Add in the raspberries and chocolate chips and fold in gently.
- Pour the dough in your tin, top with raspberries and chocolate chips and place in the oven to cook for 50 minutes or so until cooked through and golden.
- Leave to cool before taking out and slicing.
This will be a good vegan loaf recipe to make for lunchboxes at school at is it nut-free and high in fibre and complex carbohydrates from the buckwheat flour. For more lunchbox information I am releasing a Plant-based Lunchbox Guide in the coming weeks. Follow my @healthy.little.tummies to find out more!
If you are not gluten-free you can swap the buckwheat flour for wholemeal flour or self-raising wholemeal flour. If you don’t need to make this nut-free subbing 1/2 cup of flour for 1/2 cup of almond meal is a good swap too.
I like making my baking recipes more and more oil-free these days. I will write a nutrition article on the subject very soon too! So this recipe is oil-free but if you wanted you could sub 1/3 cup of nut milk for 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
I used frozen raspberries in this recipe but you could swap for blueberries or blackberries if you wanted when making my vegan raspberry loaf.
If you have been on my blog and Instagram for a while you will know I love making a healthy loaf/ bread. I have a lot of similar recipes to this vegan raspberry loaf already up on my website. I would love for you to check them out too. Maybe try them all!
Other vegan loaves recipes:
- Peanut butter choc chip loaf
- Raspberry Almond Loaf
- Blueberry Lemon & Poppyseed Loaf
- Marbled Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
If looking for more recipes, nutrition tips join my email list by subscribing in the footer below!