I have a new recipe: Mini Brownie bites with hidden cannelini beans (also called Navy or white kidney beans in America)! I created this recipe just in time for the start of school here in Australia or for anytime really!
These healthy vegan Mini Brownie Bites are the perfect lunchbox food as packed with protein (spoiler it is beans!!). And they are nut-free and free of refined sugar. They will give children a boost of energy for their school day without their energy crashing. I made these mini vegan brownie bites for the twins recess snack box on their first day at school! This recipe is also gluten-free.
These healthy vegan Mini brownie bites are really simple to make and only require 4 ingredients!!
If you have been making my recipes or from my cookbook, you will know I try to keep recipes simple. I try to make them with limited ingredients. I myself hate having to get everything out of my cupboard for a pinch of this and that. This is probably why I try to make recipes that dont use 15 ingredients per recipe!
Mini Vegan Brownie Bites with beans
- 1 can cannelini beans or navy beans (400gr) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup date syrup or use rice malt or maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tbsp flax seed meal add 2 if using maple syrup as it is more liquid
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200degrees Celsius
- In a blender combine the ingredients together (without the chocolate chips)
- Spray avocado or coconut oil in your mini muffin tray then spoon the batter in and top with choc chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes and leave to cool down.
Tips to make my Mini Brownie Bites:
I used a mini muffin tin for making these vegan mini brownie bites with beans. If you make them in larger muffin moulds you might need to cook them for 10-15 minutes longer. They are a gooey consistency in the middle.
If you don’t have cannelini beans or white kidney beans/navy beans you can swap for black beans or canned chickpeas. Make sure to remove the liquid from the can and rinse them too to avoid any salt residue. Or best buy salt-free canned beans.
This is not my first recipe baking with hidden beans. Try my black bean brownies, chickpea orange muffins or chickpea raspberry brownies!
Or if you want to make more mini muffins for lunchboxes try my lemon poppyseed muffins!
As always I would love to see them if you make my recipe! So please tag me in your stories on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife.
Leave a Reply