This Vegan Vanilla Donuts recipe makes a great baby shower treat!
So I might not be good at writing with icing on cakes or donuts (I am never doing that again- almost drove me crazy!!) but I am good at baking vegan donuts!
I hope you will like this recipe. I used them to announce my pregnancy (Duh!) and a few of you wanted the vegan vanilla donut recipe or the coconut icing recipe so here it is!
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
These donuts are healthier than normal donuts, vegan, refined sugar-free (not counting the 100s and 1000s sprinkled on top!) and perfect for little kids. I am sure they could be made gluten-free by using GF flour.
Also, I didn’t use artificial food coloring for the icing but used blue spirulina and beetroot powder (you can buy it in health food shops or online).
If you do not have donut moulds you could make them into cupcakes/muffins.
Vegan Baked Vanilla Donuts with Coconut Icing Recipe:
Makes 12 donuts:
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour (or flour of choice apart from buckwheat or coconut flour)
- 3/4 cup of stevia powdered sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup of soy milk or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- vegan butter for greasing the donut moulds.
- 1 can of coconut cream refrigerated
- 1/2 tsp of beetroot powder
- 2 tbsp of stevia powdered
- 1/4 tsp of blue spirulina.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and put your coconut cream in the fridge if you haven’t done so already. (Tip: I always keep one can in the fridge)
- Grease your donut moulds with vegan butter.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, stevia and baking powder together.
- Add in the vanilla, soy milk and mix it together.
- Add in the coconut oil and pour in the moulds almost to the top.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until light golden.
- Leave them to cool down for one hour out of the moulds
- For the icing, scoop the hard coconut cream from the top of the can and divide into 2 bowls (if you wish to have the blue and pink- or one bowl otherwise).
- Add in 1 tbsp of stevia in each bowl and the beetroot/ blue spirulina powder. Whisk well and dip each donut in the cream. Use a spoon if needed to spread the icing. Best eaten on the day or ice just before serving.
Let me know if you make my vegan vanilla donut recipe or tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife