Today I am sharing this no-bake raw vegan chocolate ganache tart with a caramel layer made of dates. My favourite!
So I turned 30 a few days ago! I feel pretty good about entering a new decade. I have enjoyed my twenties and I am very proud of what I have achieved so far but I also have big goals left and I look forward to achieving them in my thirties as well as being a bit wiser, more confident in myself and watch my children grow.
I had a nice birthday celebrating with my family and a few friends too and I made us this vegan chocolate ganache tart. It had a raw brownie crust, a date caramel layer and a rich vegan coconut chocolate ganache topped with organic raspberries we picked the day before (see my Amazon lists for more).
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
This raw vegan caramel and chocolate ganache tart is very beautiful and delicious and can serve 12 people as you don’t need much! The chocolate ganache is very luscious and filling.
I hope you will enjoy this raw vegan caramel and chocolate tart recipe. I know I did and it will always have a special place in my tummy and heart as it was my birthday cake for my 30th! It was pretty much all my favourite dessert things put together in a delicious vegan tart!
Vegan Chocolate Ganache Tart with Caramel
Raw Brownie Tart Crust
- 1 cup Medjool dates (soften in hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1 3/4 cup raw pecans or almonds
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp water or coconut oil
Vegan Date Caramel Layer
- 1 1/2 cup Medjool dates (soaked in hot water 10 minutes)
- 4 tbsp tahini
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cans high quality coconut dream (400ml cans)
- 150 gr melted dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
To make the brownie tart crust:
- Soak the dates in hot water while you blend the nuts in a high-speed blender or food processor until fine. Add the cacao, dates and water and blend until it becomes a slightly sticky dough. You can add more cacao if not chocolatey enough for you.
- Press down the crust with your hands in a tart mould with a removable bottom lined with bands of parchment paper. Place it in the freezer while you make the other layers.
To make the date caramel:
- Soak the dates in water then drain the water and blend them in a food processor along with the salt, tahini and vanilla. Blend until smooth, scraping the side of the blender if required.
- Spread the caramel layer on top of the brownie crust and place it in the freezer while making the chocolate ganache.
To make the vegan chocolate ganache:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir the dark chocolate until melted (or alternatively melt in the microwave in a bowl for 20-30 seconds).
- In your cleaned blender add the top of the coconut cream (only use the coconut cream separated from the coconut milk/water) and while blending slowly pour a little bit of the melted chocolate a little bit at a time to blend well. (If you live in a cold climate or if your coconut cream was in the fridge you will need to heat up slightly the coconut cream before blending with the melted dark chocolate so it doesn’t harden up when touching the cold coconut cream.) Add the vanilla and blend a bit more before pouring on top of your tart.
- Place the tart in the fridge for 2-4 hours to set. Remove the tart 5-10 minutes before serving and top with berries. Make sure to keep the tart in the fridge before serving as it can melt.
I would love to know if you make it so please leave me a comment below or send me a DM/ story on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife This recipe has a special place in my heart as it was the recipe I made for my birthday. I think I will make this recipe my husband’s birthday this year!
For more no bake vegan recipes try these raw vegan recipes of mine: