Today I am sharing the recipe for these mini raw vegan hazelnut and chocolate cheesecakes. You could also make these into one large vegan hazelnut and chocolate cheesecake.
Who does not like hazelnut and chocolate together? I love this flavour combination and I can eat vegan homemade healthy nutella by the spoonful everyday! I wish I had a jar right now in the pantry. As a mother and nutritionist I much prefer giving my children a homemade vegan hazelnut chocolate spread than the chocolate spread I grew up eating….
I made these mini vegan hazelnut and chocolate cheesecakes for my dad’s birthday last week. We all loved them! I am so grateful whenever I get to celebrate a family birthday together as it is very rare to be together for our birthdays. My dad is lucky though and is often visiting us for his birthday! He must enjoy my treats!
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
I used homemade hazelnut spread but you could also use store bought vegan hazelnut chocolate spread.
I made mini cheesecakes as I find them practical to make and eat but you could also create a large vegan hazelnut and chocolate cheesecake with this recipe.
Mini Raw Vegan Hazelnut and Chocolate Cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cacao
Hazelnut Chocolate Layer
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnut nutella- or hazelnut chocolate spread – homemade or store bought. To make it: roast 1 cup of hazelnuts in the oven for 10min at 200 degrees, removing the skins and then blending with 1/4 cup of maple syrup, 1/3 cup of cacao and 1/3 cup of coconut oil. (This recipe will make more than you need for the cheesecakes)
- raw chocolate/ melted dark chocolate and hazelnuts to top
- First make some homemade vegan chocolate hazelnut butter and soak your cashews in water.
- In a food processor blend the base ingredients together then press down into silicon muffin moulds.
- Then drain your soaked cashews and blend with the cacao, coconut oil, rice malt syrup and hazelnut cacao butter and the vanilla.
- Pour on-top of the raw bases and freeze for a few hours.
- Top with melted chocolate and extra hazelnuts and keep in the fridge for a few days or freezer for a few weeks.
For the base you can use roasted or raw hazelnuts or any other nuts of your choice. And for the cheesecake layer you can use coconut cream instead of using coconut oil.
If you make this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to see it so please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife or leave me a comment below!I would love to know if you love them as much as me!
If you enjoy this mini hazelnut and chocolate cheesecakes recipe you might also enjoy these recipes of mine. As you can see I often create recipes using both hazelnuts and cacao!