I could tell you how delicious this raw vegan chocolate and orange slice is all day long but really you need to make it for yourself if you are a peanut/chocolate fan!
This raw vegan choc-peanut slice is vegan, raw (ish- I used maple syrup), gluten free, soy-free and quite easy to do if you have a high speed blender or food processor.
We ate half of the slice over the weekend and I am keeping the rest in the freezer for when the baby arrives and I get super hungry when breastfeeding! Plus so handy having treats in the freezer when visitors pop over. That is one of my favourite thing in making raw vegan recipes is not having to eat the whole thing in one sitting!
Raw Choc-Peanut Slice Recipe:
- 1 cup of raw almonds (or nuts of choice)
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- Mix the nuts in a food processor then add the dates and blend further.
- Add in the cacao and water and blend further until a sticky dough is formed.
- Press the dough down in a slice tin covered with plastic wrap or in a silicon mould and pop in the freezer while you make the next layers.
- 1 cup of soaked cashews (ideally overnight)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup ( add 1 more if you have a very sweet tooth)
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 5 tbsp of peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 tbsp of water
- In a food processor blend your cashews and the rest of the ingredients until you get a smooth peanut cream.
- Spread on top of your base and pop in the freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
1 cup of soaked cashews
4 tbsp of maple syrup
1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
1 tbsp of water
In a food processor blend your cashews and the rest of the ingredients until you get a smooth chocolate cashew cream.
Spread on top of the peanut layer (optional add in extra peanuts in between both layers).
Leave to set in the freezer for 1 hour then slice it in small squares and add the toppings.
drizzle some raw/dark chocolate on top and extra peanuts.
Store in the freezer and take out 30 minutes before serving. .
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these recipes:
- The Best Vegan Twix Bites
- Raw Vegan Chocolate and Hazelnut Mini Cheesecakes
- Healthy Black Bean Walnut Brownies
- Vegan Peanut Choc Chip Loaf
If you do make this recipe or have questions let me know in a comment below or tag me on instagram @healthfyrenchwife
Leave a Reply