We have made this healthy breakfast vegan berry oat crumble bars recipe quite a few times already now. These berry crumble bars tend to disappear in one sitting between my 3 kids and myself! We love having them for our afternoon snack and I plan on making them nut-free (using tahini or sunflower seeds butter) for school morning snacks when school will be restarting! (Hopefully very soon!!)
You can swap the raspberries for blueberries, blackberrries or strawberries or use chia jam. You can also swap the seeds for whatever seeds or nuts you have in your pantry. The key is to make the dough sticky enough and press it down very well into the tin before baking. Also leaving it to cool down helps in making it less crumbly.
These vegan berry oat crumble bars can be a bit crumbly so eat outside or on a table for kids if you are a mum who doesn’t like mess!
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
Breakfast Vegan Berry Oat Crumble Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds (chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds)
- 1/3 cup runny peanut butter or 1/2 cup if dry. swap for tahini to make it nut-free
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup soy milk or nut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a small square tin or loaf with baking paper.
- Mix in a bowl the oats, cinnamon, seeds, peanut butter, soy milk and maple syrup until sticky and well combined.
- Press down 3/4 of the mix in your tin. Keep 1/4 on the side to add on top as a crumble.
- Add the frozen berries on top, the chocolate chips and the extra crumble mixture and extra seeds and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool down before serving.
This is a very healthy recipe for vegan crumble bars as it is oil free and only uses peanut butter to make it stick. It is packed with healthy omega-3 seeds such as chia seeds and is sweet but low sugar so I really like making this vegan crumble bar recipe for my three children.
I have made them often for our afternoon treat but they can also make a good breakfast option or snack on the go. I think I will make them next time we have to head somewhere on the road.
I hope you will enjoy these healthy berry oat crumble bars. If you like this vegan crumble bars recipe you might also like these recipes of mine:
As always I would love to see if you make this recipe of mine so please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife if you do make them!