Today I am sharing this easy and quick Asian inspired Vegan Baked Miso Tofu & Broccoli recipe. This is one of my go-to dinners – so quick and easy to make. I love a good oven recipe as a busy mum. Pop it all in the oven and you can do something else while it cooks! Such a time saver on a busy week night.
Vegan Baked Miso Tofu & Broccoli Bowls:
Vegan Baked Miso Broccoli Tofu Bowls
- 300 gr tofu extra firm
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (can use pre cooked rice to make this even easier)
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and cook your rice in water.
- Chop the broccoli and red cabbage and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Chop the tofu into cubes.
- In a small blender combine the miso dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour over both baking trays and toss until coated evenly.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes turning at the halfway mark.
- Serve with brown rice, sesame seeds.
This Vegan Baked Miso Tofu, Broccoli and Red Cabbage dinner bowl is a great healthy dinner too. High in protein with the tofu, high in fibre and antioxidants from the red cabbage and broccoli. I recommend serving this with brown rice, quinoa. If I am in a pinch I sometimes use pre-cooked brown rice.
If you don’t have red cabbage or broccoli you can substitute with cauliflower, green cabbage, zucchini, carrots. Any vegetables in your crisper will do too. You can also substitute the tofu with chickpeas and bake them in the oven the same way.
For the miso sauce I used soy red miso paste.
I recommend leaving some of the miso dressing to pour at the end in your bowl once the meal is served. The more sauce the better!
For toppings you can also add spring onions, coriander etc.
More tofu recipes:
If you are looking for more tofu recipes check out these vegan tofu recipes of mine:
This recipe is also from my 3 week plant-based reset. You can find more recipes like this in my next 3 week reset. Join my waitlist here.