Today I am sharing (finally!) my simple vegan tofu scramble recipe. I make this for our lunches at least once a fortnight. It used to be one of my biggest craving during pregnancy with Annabelle (perfect for pregnancy too with all the protein!).
My simple vegan tofu scramble recipe makes such a healthy nutritious lunch with a great dose of protein and vegetables. My simple vegan tofu scramble recipe can also be enjoyed for breakfast or dinner!
Vegan Tofu Scramble Recipe
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 300 gr classic tofu or silken
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional to make it more egg like)
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari or sub for coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic or onion powder
- vegan parmesan or oregano leaves to top.
- Dice and cook your onion and garlic in a pan with a bit of olive oil until cooked;
- Add in the sliced cherry tomatoes and baby spinach and cook for a few minutes;
- Add in the classic tofu and scramble with the back of the spoon. Mix it around and add all the seasonings.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring it until it looks scrambled.
- Top with oregano, vegan parmesan, salt and pepper and serve with salad and sourdough.
You can serve my tofu scramble recipe with a salad, tortillas or I like it with sourdough too. Tofu scramble is also a great dish to make for kids. Maybe leave the onion or garlic out to make it more child-friendly but my kids really like it too. If you want more info to reduce picky eating check out this post and this post.
Is Soy safe?
Now I know some of you might be worried about consuming soy. I get so many questions about whether soy is safe to eat. I wrote a blogpost on the subject. In short, yes soy is safe to consume but you should eat a diverse plant-based diet including many different sorts of plant-based protein. Also if you can choose organic non-gmo soy. Read my blogpost on soy here. It can be a personal choice but as a nutritionist I recommend tofu 2-3 times per week for a great protein packed meal. Tofu is also high in calcium and iron, 2 very important minerals on a vegan diet. I hope you will try my simple vegan tofu scramble recipe!
If you want more recipes using tofu check out these other vegan tofu recipes of mine: