This vegan silken tofu quiche recipe with caramelized onion, olive oil, mushrooms and rosemary is delicious. This vegan mushroom quiche will be sure to be a family favorite for a simple mid-week vegan dinner!
I grew up eating a lot of quiches as a child in France and I love how versatile they can be. My silken tofu quiche is so easy to make and very tasty. I have made my vegan quiche recipe in the past with leek in this vegan leek quiche recipe. I chose a filling of caramelized onions, mushrooms and rosemary for this tasty vegan quiche.
This vegan tofu mushroom quiche is:
- high in protein from the silken tofu
- Packed with caramelised onions and tasty mushrooms
- with a hint of rosemary
Substitutions when making my vegan silken tofu quiche with onions and mushrooms:
This recipe contains gluten in my homemade vegan quiche crust recipe. You could try making it with buckwheat flour.
The filling of my vegan quiche is made with onions, mushrooms as well as silken tofu. The silken tofu filling can be replaced for a chickpea flour filling like in my spring asparagus chickpea flour quiche. Maybe if you have a soy allergy a chickpea flour filling will be best.
For the filling, I used caramelized onions and mushrooms but you could also use leeks, broccoli, zucchini or tomatoes.
How to make my vegan tofu quiche with caramelized onions and mushrooms:
Vegan Tofu Quiche with Caramelised Onions and Mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Vegan Onion and Mushroom Tofu Quiche filling:
- 3 brown onions
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 300 gr silken tofu
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (355 degrees Fahrenheit) In a bowl combine the flour, olive oil, salt and water and combine until it forms a nice dough soft and create a ball with your hands.
- Sprinkle some flour on your bench top and roll the dough in a circle then place the dough in a tart tin (greased with olive oil or lined with baking paper to make it easier to remove) (or flatten your dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper).
- Place in the oven to blind bake for 10 minutes (using dry beans for example)
- Meanwhile, slice your onions finely (or using a mandolin). Cook them in a pan with olive oil until soft. Then add the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir often and cook until soft and caramelised.
- Next to the onions, cook the sliced mushrooms in a pan with olive oil until cooked. Then leave to the side.
- In a blender, combine the silken tofu, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, mustard and arrowroot flour and blend until well combined.
- Then assemble the quiche. Layering the onions first then pouring the silken tofu filling and topping with the cooked mushrooms. Sprinkle some rosemary on top and place the quiche to bake in the oven.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius/ 355 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool then serve with a salad.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this vegan tofu quiche with caramelized onions and mushrooms! And, if you do make this vegan quiche recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think!
I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This recipe is:
- dairy-free, egg-free and nut-free
- contains: gluten and soy