Today I am sharing my top plant-based lunch ideas or vegan lunch ideas.
I often get asked ideas on what to eat for lunch especially for vegan/plant-based meals. I am pretty lucky that I am home most days to eat lunch at homes but I also try to not cook much for lunch as I find I have enough dishes making other recipes. Lunch is often leftovers or a salad or what I make for the kids I serve myself the same bowl. We actually have lunch quite early -especially for a French person! We eat lunch at 11am everyday so that Annabelle can go for her nap quickly. We eat our lunch as a family (minus my husband) if the kids are home.
I always try to eat easy to make lunches that are nutritious and balanced including a source of protein/ carbs and fat as well as a few serves of veggies. I vary between cold and warm lunches and I am guilty of never being able to eat the same thing every day. Some people can meal prep and eat the same lunch for 5 days but I am not like that! We also sometimes have leftovers for lunch which is very practical as a busy mum! I rarely would have a smoothie for lunch. More so if I didn’t have breakfast.
- Hummus wholemeal or sourdough sandwich with a range of vegetables inside
- Avocado on sourdough with sauerkraut, hemp seeds and tomato salad.
- Pita sandwiches with falafels and tabouli
- Chickpea omelette with baby spinach, mushrooms and salad
- Pasta salad or chickpea pasta with nutritional yeast
- Brown rice or sweet potato salad with roasted vegetables
- Scrambled tofu with veggies on toast
- Chickpea tuna salad sandwich
- Budha bowls
- Homemade sushi rolls with avocado or chickpea tuna or satay tofu.
- Rice paper rolls
- Lentil, canned beans or tofu kale salads with all the toppings!
What do you have for a plant based lunch?
Also check out my lunch recipes:
Or my toddler snack ideas.