Reposting this healthy vegan donut recipe of mine that is a huge favourite amongst you!Â
I promised you the recipe for these scrumptious but healthy vegan cinnamon donuts so here it is. Baked and healthy they are my new favourite afternoon treat to have with a cup of tea. I hope you will like them too. I think these would be perfect for little girl’s parties and for Valentines day too.
Makes 12 vegan donuts
- 2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Â½ tsp of sea salt
- 1 Â¼ cup of almond milk
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
Pink Coconut Glaze:
- 1 can of coconut milk or you can use coconut yogurt.
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- natural pink food coloring or beetroot juice/beetroot powder (around 1/4-1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Toppings: dried rose petals, shredded coconut
- Place a can of coconut milk in your fridge while making the donuts;
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees Celsius;
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl;
- In a greased donut pan, pour the batter until two-third full;
- Bake for 15-20 minutes;
- Leave the donuts to cool;
- Mix the glaze ingredients together using the solid coconut milk at the top of the can and a few drops of pink natural food coloring at a time. Leave to melt a little if needed to have a runny glaze.
- Dip each donut in the glaze and top with dried rose petals or shredded coconut.