Reposting this healthy vegan donuts recipe of mine that is a huge favourite on my page! I first made these baked vegan donuts in 2016! I got myself a donut pan and got addicted to making baked vegan donuts! So simple and much healthier for you! Plus they are a bit more fun to eat than muffins!
I promised you the recipe for these scrumptious but healthy vegan cinnamon donuts so here it is. Baked and healthy they are my new favourite afternoon treat to have with a cup of tea. I hope you will like my baked and pink vegan donuts too. I think these would be perfect for little girl’s parties and for Valentines day too.
You can easily swap the pink coconut glaze on these baked vegan donuts and instead dip them in cinnamon sugar to emphasise the vegan cinnamon donut flavour. I also like them plain and they are great for kids.
I like the coconut pink glaze but it is best to eat them the same day as you make them as the coconut milk can dry up and crack and it won’t look as nice. Best to add the glaze before serving.
For toppings you can do rose petals like I did, coconut flakes, chocolate or sprinkles.
Healthy Baked Vegan Cinnamon Donuts with coconut pink glaze.
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pink Coconut glaze
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- natural pink food coloring or 1/2 tsp beetroot powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- toppings of choice
- Place a can of coconut milk in your fridge while making the donuts;
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees Celsius;
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl;
- In a greased donut pan, pour the batter until two-third full;
- Bake for 15-20 minutes;
- Leave the donuts to cool;
- Mix the glaze ingredients together using the solid coconut milk at the top of the can and a few drops of pink natural food colouring at a time or your beetroot powder. Leave to melt a little if needed to have a runny glaze.
- Dip each donut in the glaze and top with dried rose petals or shredded coconut.
If you like these healthy vegan donuts you might also enjoy these other baked donut recipes of mine:
If you would like to see more of my recipes check out my Instagram page @healthyfrenchwife or join my email list. I share a lot of healthy recipes, tips, nutrition information and more everyday cooking on my stories.
As much as I love baking my true love is healthy plant-based eating as a nutritionist and I love sharing more healthy eating tips.