I am writing this blogpost after what felt like a very heavy week with a lot of learning and changes happening in the world. I took a week off posting on social media and creating new recipes but today I really felt like baking again and made these baked vegan chocolate glazed donuts with sprinkles I had first made in 2017! It was about time I remade them and shared the recipe on my website.
These baked vegan chocolate glazed donuts with sprinkles are a lot healthier for you as they contain no oil! and limited sugar! I use a donut pan and bake them in the oven instead! they are soft and fluffy and I top them with melted dairy-free chocolate chips and some sprinkles or healthy homemade colourful coconut sprinkles (recipe in my cookbook).
These baked vegan donuts with chocolate glaze make such a great afternoon treat. We shared them as a family after doing some housework and gardening work. The best reward. I also love that they took me 5 minutes to make and baked for 20 minutes. The kids didn’t have to wait long for eating them (after I finished shooting them that is!). These baked vegan donuts were so delicious! A tiny bit messy for kids to eat with all the chocolate (hello chocolate moustaches! hehe)
I prefer using dark chocolate or melted dairy-free chocolate chips for a healthy chocolate glaze for donuts instead of using icing sugar in a glaze.
Baked Vegan Chocolate Glazed Donuts with Sprinkles
- 1 cup spelt flour or use all purpose/ wholemeal wheat flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp soy milk or plant milk of choice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips melted or use dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp vegan sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a donut pan with olive oil spray.
- In a bowl combine the flour, plant milk, sugar, baking powder and apple cider vinegar together and stir gently with a spoon to combine.
- Spoon the donut batter in each donut moulds and place them in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Once baked remove gently with a fork or knife and place on the side.
- Melt your dairy-free chocolate and dip or spread over each donut and sprinkle your vegan sprinkles/ 100s and 1000s.
I used spelt flour and coconut sugar but you could use all-purpose flour and white sugar if you wanted to make these baked vegan donuts. For the chocolate glaze I chose simplicity by simply melting dairy-free chocolate chips. They tasted so delicious!
If you make my baked vegan donuts I would love to see on my Instagram @healthyfrenchwife
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy these recipes: