I absolutely love this super easy strawberry oat crumble slice recipe. It can be made in less than 5 minutes (especially if you use store-bought healthy jam) and is really healthy as well as being vegan, wheat-free, refined-sugar-free (depending on jam used!) and also nut-free. The perfect afternoon tea treat! And is so healthy can be eaten for breakfast too!!
Strawberry Oat Crumble Slice (Vegan, wheat-free, refined-sugar-free, nut-free)
• 1 ½ cup of quick oats;
• 1 cup of buckwheat flour;
• 1 tsp of cinnamon powder;
• 2 tbsp of sweetener of choice;
• ½ cup of melted coconut oil;
• ½ cup of homemade strawberry jam;
• handful of fresh strawberries
• 1 lemon
• 2 cups of fresh strawberries;
• 1 tbsp of sweetener
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius;
2. Blend the strawberries in a blender then cook on low heat on the stove with the added lemon juice and sweetener;
3. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week
4. While you make the strawberry jam, mix the quick oats and buckwheat flour in a mixing bowl.
5. Then add the cinnamon and sweetener then combine with the melted coconut oil.
6. In a small square tin lined with baking paper, press down ¾ of the crumble mixture.
7. Spread a layer of strawberry jam on top and some cut up strawberries.
8. Then sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture on top and place in the oven.
9. Bake for 45 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.