I often receive recipe requests and recently someone asked me to create a healthy chocolate Weetbix slice.
So here is my healthy and vegan chocolate Weetbix recipe!
I hope you will love as much as we did this healthy no bake weetbix slice!
This site uses ads and affiliate content as an Amazon associate earning on qualifying purchases. Disclosure.
A Weetbix slice is a common recipe for children here in Australia. A chocolate Weetbix slice is usually made with golden syrup but not my vegan healthy Weetbix slice.
My healthy weetbix slice is vegan as well as nut-free and refined sugar-free. The perfect recipe for school lunchboxes!
As a nutritionist and mother Weetbix is one of the only packet cereals I am okay serving to my children.
They are pretty low in sugar, high in fibre and are iron-fortified. They can be a great source of iron for vegan and vegetarian children.
Being a no cook weetbix slice this is a very easy and quick recipe to make. All you need is a food processor and a loaf baking tin to make my healthy weetbix slice.
It is a good recipe to make with children as well to get them involved in the kitchen. My twins loved helping me make this choc weetbix slice!
It keeps for the week in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Since creating this healthy weetbix slice my twins request it very often in their lunchboxes!
If you cannot eat gluten I recommend trying this healthy chocolate weetbix slice with gluten-free weetbix and if you cannot find weetbix/weetabix you can try using 1 cup of corn flakes or other breakfast cereals. (I recommend using low sugar/low sodium breakfast cereals).
I used tahini in the recipe so if you cannot have tahini you could substitute for peanut, cashew or almond butter.
How to make my No Bake Weetbix Slice:
- In a food processor, blitz the weetbix, flax seed powder (also called flax seed meal or use whole seeds). Add in the cacao and dates and blend until fine.
- Add in the liquid ingredients (tahini, coconut oil and maple syrup) and blend until it forms a sticky dough.
- Press the weetbix slice in a loaf tin lined with baking paper and place it in the freezer for 5 minutes to set while you melt the dairy-free chocolate then spread it on top of the slice and place it back in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Store it in the fridge or freezer.
Vegan Healthy Weetbix Slice
- 5 weetbix
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3-4 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 50 gr dairy-free dark chocolate
- In a food processor or blender blend the weetbix, flax seed meal and cacao until fine.
- Add in the dates and blend until chopped finely.
- Add in the tahini, coconut oil and maple syrup and blend it until it forms a sticky dough.
- Press the mixture in a loaf tin lined with baking paper or plastic wrap and press down with your fingers to flatten it.
- Place the tin in the freezer for 5 minutes while you melt the 50gr of chocolate. Then spread the melted chocolate on top of the slice and leave it to set in the freezer 20 minutes before slicing.
- Store in the fridge in airtight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer to stock for lunchboxes.
If you like this no cook weetbix slice please tag me on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife in your stories! I would love to see you make my healthy weetbix slice.
Moreover if you are after more healthy plant-based family recipes check out my kid-approved healthy and vegan recipes.
For more recipes:
If you like this choc weetbix slice you might also like these vegan recipes of mine: