Jackfruit burgers with BBQ sauce make the best vegan burgers! A bit like a vegan pulled pork burger. Delicious!
I created this BBQ jackfruit burger in collaboration with Nature’s Charm- my go to for coconut based products as well as their canned jackfruit. I also used their canned jackfruit when making my Teriyaki jackfruit sushi. You can find their products in a lot of vegan online grocers and some health food shops.
Having a few cans of jackfruit in the pantry is so handy for those days when you need a dinner quickly but ran out of other produce. Jackfruit is a healthy alternative to vegan meat products. Indeed, jackfruit is high in nutrients, including fibre, protein, vitamin C, B vitamins, and potassium and much lower in fat than vegan meat burgers or actual meat burgers. So whether you are omni or vegan you should give it a go with my BBQ jackfruit burgers!
To make these vegan BBQ jackfruit burgers simply drain and rinse your jackfruit and sizzle it in a pan with seasoning while using a spatula to chop it into fine “meat-like” consistency.
BBQ Jackfruit Burgers
- 1 can young green jackfruit
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 4 burger buns (wholemeal or seeds best)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- lettuce or spinach and other toppings
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit then sizzle in a pan with olive oil, spices and use the spatula to break up into small pieces;
- Add 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and sizzle.
- Prepare your burgers with avocado, tomato, spinach or any other toppings and top with the BBQ jackfruit. Season and enjoy.
So there we have it!– I know you’re going to love this BBQ jackfruit burger!
And, if you do make this recipe please let me know in the comments below what you think! I truly love hearing from you, and I’m always here to answer any questions you might have. And of course, tag me on Instagram with your pictures using the hashtag #healthyfrenchwife. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations.
This recipe is:
- gluten-free if using gf burger buns;