This recipe was sponsored by Nature’s Charm.
When they asked me to create a recipe using not 1 but all 3 of their amazing coconut products I said yes! and it led me to create these delicious sweet chocolate caramel cupcakes. I used their Sweetened Condensed coconut milk in the cupcakes, the caramel centre is made from their coconut Caramel Butterscotch sauce and the icing is made using their coconut whipped cream.
These cupcakes are a bit of change from more healthy treats I usually make but my kids were so happy to be eating them this afternoon! I honestly don’t let them have many sweet treats apart from my healthier cakes/breads so they were super excited!
These cupcakes would be great to make for friends coming over post coronavirus! In the meantime they make great isolation treats!
Chocolate Cupcakes with a Butterscotch Caramel Centre
Makes 10 cupcakes
- 1 can of Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Nature’s Charm Coconut Butter Scotch Sauce
- 1 can of Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipped Cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place the coconut whipped cream in the fridge to set.
- Line cupcake moulds with wrappers;
- In a bowl combine the sweetened condensed coconut milk, flour, sugar, cocoa until well combined. Then add the melted coconut oil and stir together.
- Spoon the cupcake batter into each wrapper about 3/4 full to the top of the wrapper.
- Place in the oven and bake them for 22 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Wait for them to cool before removing the centre with a knife and spooning the coconut butter scotch sauce in each cupcake to the top.
- For the icing, combine the cold coconut cream with 2 tbsp icing sugar, cocoa with a hand mixer or I use my thermomix to whip.
- Pipe on top of the cupcakes or if you are not a pro at icing cupcakes like I am simply spread it with a spoon and top with extra butter scotch sauce.
- (I know I wish I was a pro haha I am cringing as I am typing this! I need to practice. Maybe a new isolation goal!?)
If you have not tried Nature’s Charm products they are so great for baking and making yummy vegan treats! Also perfect for anyone who is dairy-free!
If you like this recipe you might also enjoy this one: