I love a good crumble and I wanted to make a nut-free version of my berry crumble for anyone of my readers who cannot eat nuts as most crumbles are made with almond meal.
I received some very pretty bakeware from Mason Cash. I got the prettiest little bowls (Mason Cash Cane Collection prep food bowls ) and a great new baking dish (Mason Cash In The Forest Cream Rectangular Baker). I knew they would be perfect to make a pretty berry crumble and feature berries in the cute bowls. They also make great small-portion dessert bowls!
This crumble is quite light and healthy and perfect for a midweek summer dessert! I hope you will enjoy this recipe.
Nut-free Vegan Berry Crumble
- 750gr of mixed frozen (or fresh) berries of choice (I used mixed berries + blueberries)
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat groats or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spread your frozen berries in your baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients together and combine to form your crumble.
- Spread over the berries.
- Place your baking dish in the oven and bake your crumble for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.