To be honest I am not usually a big fan of coffee in desserts and sweets. I just don’t like the fake coffee/ overly sweet taste. But for the long weekend I wanted to try a new recipe for mini raw vegan cheesecake bites and decided to make a mocha flavour with one layer cashew vanilla and coffee and one layer cashew cacao. And they were so good. I used instant coffee as I did not have real coffee beans.
Mini raw vegan MOCHA Cheesecakes:
Makes 12 mini bites using muffin size moulds.
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1 cup of dates pitted
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- optional: 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon of water to make it sticky.
- 2 cups of raw cashews soaked in water for 3-6 hours
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of coconut cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao
- Soak your cashews in water for 3-6 hours
- In a food processor combine the crust ingredients together and blend until smooth.
- Add a bit of water to make it sticky if required.
- Press down in 12 silicon muffin moulds.
- For the cheesecake filling:
- Drain and rinse your soaked cashews then blend until smooth with the coconut oil, coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Remove half of the filling and place in a seperate bowl.
- With the first batch of filling add in the instant coffee and blend for a few minutes until the coffee has dissolved. Add a tiny bit of water to help dissolve if required.
- Spoon the coffee filling on the crusts.
- Place the second batch of filling in the food processor with the cacao and blend until well mixed through.
- Spoon the cacao filling on top of the coffee filling and leave to set in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Take out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving and top with melted dark chocolate, coffee beans or raw chocolate.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe- tag me on Instagram if you make them. I love seeing you recreations. thanks xx