I used to make a yummy blueberry lemon and poppyseed loaf but it contained gluten and nuts so I have revamped my recipe to make it both gluten-free and nut-free (as well as vegan and delicious!).
Gluten-free baking can be quite daunting but I found the key is to buy good quality pre-made gluten-free flour blend, add more oil/fat and avoid over stirring.
Gf vegan Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Loaf
- 1 1/2 cup GF self raising flour
- 1/2 cup Gf flour blend
- 3/4 cup of sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp of poppyseeds
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 flax egg (2 tbsp of flaxmeal + 6 tbsp of water)
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup of melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of blueberries frozen or fresh
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper or grease it with coconut oil
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flax egg ingredients then add the melted vegan butter, non dairy milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and combine well with a whisk.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and combine gently with a spatula.
- Add in the blueberries and fold them gently in the dough with the spatula. Do not overmix.
- Pour in your loaf tin and cook for 55 minutes at 180degrees Celsius.