This past week we had a friend and professional photographer Kirsten Cunningham come and do a photoshoot of us in the kitchen as I wanted some professional shots of us baking and to use for my blog and Instagram page. I couldn’t be happier by how they turned out and the twins had so much fun being photographed. They also enjoyed licking the chocolate and mixing the chocolate cake!
We made a simple vegan chocolate cake and despite being over mixed, me forgetting the sugar and being made while doing a photoshoot it turned out quite good!
So here are more pictures of the twins and I baking in my own kitchen. I hope you enjoy seeing a little behind-the-scenes action and seeing a bit more of the twins and myself. Annabelle also made an appearance!
I have included the recipe for the chocolate cake at the bottom of the post too. Enjoy and hope you have as much fun as us baking it! xxx
Simple Vegan Chocolate cake (Soy-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free)
- 3 cups of wholewheat flour
- 1 cup of coconut sugar or 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of flax meal powder
- 2 cups of nut milk of your choice
- 1 cup of melted coconut oil
- 100gr of dark chocolate melted (I use Lindt 70%)
- 1 shot of espresso (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the melted coconut oil, combine, then the melted dark chocolate and combine.
- Finish with the nut milk and espresso. Combine together and place the dough in your cake tin.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Top with melted chocolate, berries or your favourite icing. I kept mine simple to make it extra simple!