This past week we had a friend and professional photographer Kirsten Cunningham come and do a photoshoot of us in the kitchen as I wanted some professional shots of us baking and to use for my blog and Instagram page. I couldn’t be happier by how they turned out and the twins had so much fun being photographed. They also enjoyed licking the chocolate and mixing the chocolate cake!
We made a simple vegan chocolate cake and despite being over mixed, me forgetting the sugar and being made while doing a photoshoot it turned out quite good!
So here are more pictures of the twins and I baking in my own kitchen. I hope you enjoy seeing a little behind-the-scenes action and seeing a bit more of the twins and myself. Annabelle also made an appearance!
I have included the recipe for the chocolate cake at the bottom of the post too. Enjoy and hope you have as much fun as us baking it! xxx
Â Simple Vegan Chocolate cake (Soy-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free)
- 3 cups of wholewheat flour
- 1 cup of coconut sugar or 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of flax meal powder
- 2 cups of nut milk of your choice
- 1 cup of melted coconut oil
- 100gr of dark chocolate melted (I use Lindt 70%)
- 1 shot of espresso (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the melted coconut oil, combine, then the melted dark chocolate and combine.
- Finish with the nut milk and espresso. Combine together and place the dough in your cake tin.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Top with melted chocolate, berries or your favourite icing. I kept mine simple to make it extra simple!