Nothing beats a mid-week chocolate treat- even better when it is made with some nutritious healthy ingredients. I have been making these healthy sweet potato tahini brownies for 2 years almost and I absolutely love them. They were way overdue for featuring on my blog . Also today is World Chocolate Day so quite fitting to celebrate with this yummy (but healthy) chocolate recipe.
Let me know if you make them by tagging me @healthyfrenchwife on Instagram. I love seeing your recreations and knowing I am not just posting it for myself!
Vegan Sweet Potato Tahini Brownies
I used a square brownie pan.
- 450gr of puree sweet potatoe- about 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour or all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar or any other sweetener
- 6 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of tahini + more to swirl on top.
- Steam or boil your sweet potato, drain and leave to cool.
- Pre heat your oven to 175 degrees celsius and line a small brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor add in the potatoes and all the other ingredients;
- Mix until very well combined.
- Spoon into your pan, drizzle some extra tahini and make swirls using a knife.
- place in the oven and cook at 175 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Keep it in the fridge for up to 1 week.