You don’t have to celebrate Easter to make these brownies- just cut them in squares!
I for once decided to make a more simple brownie without using sweet potato or chickpeas in them haha
Vegan brownies with date caramel sauce
- 3/4 cup of wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of stevia or any other sweetener
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of melted coconut oil or vegan butter (I used coconut oil)
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a small brownie tin with baking paper.
- Mix all your ingredients together starting with the dry then the liquids.
- Pour into the tin and cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 175 degrees.
- When taken out of the oven place on a cutting board and cut the egg-shapes using an egg-shaped mould or a knife then leave to cool.
- 1 cup of pitted dates (Best to use Medjol dates)
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- water as needed to make it runnier if required.
- Soak your dates for 5 minutes or so in boiling water to soften;
- Drain and blitz them in a high-speed blender or food processor;
- Add the vanilla and tahini;
- Add water if required.
- Layer on top of your brownies
Optional: chocolate sauce ( made using coconut oil, maple syrup and cacao or just melt some dark chocolate)
I hope you like my 2 Easter -themed recipe. I would love to find out if you made any over the long weekend. Mine will be spent camping hopefully and eating chocolate and hot cross buns with my family. You can see more of my recipes on @healthyfrenchwife xx