This yummy loaf is vegan, healthy and low sugar. I made it to share with my dad who is still visiting us. I love making sweet loaves and I know you do too because they are always the most liked and saved recipes.
So without further ado here is the recipe. I have not tried to make it gluten-free but you can try it with a gluten-free baking flour.
Vegan Matcha Loaf with Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 ½ cup of wholemeal flour
- ½ cup of oats
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp of nut milk of your choice
- ¼ cup of stevia or sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tsp of matcha powder depending on taste.
- ½ cup of frozen raspberries
- ½ cup of raspberry chia jam (recipe below)
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sweetener, baking powder and matcha.
- Add in the wet ingredients (nut milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla) and fold gently together.
- Pour half the batter in the tin and drop some frozen raspberries.
- Spread a layer of chia jam on top and then pour the remaining matcha batter on top.
- Top with extra raspberries.
- Cook for 55-60 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
Raspberry Chia Jam:
- 2 cups of frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds (white preferably)
- In a saucepan on medium heat defrost the raspberries until they become soft and juicy or about 5 minutes.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla and puree the raspberries with a wooden spoon.
- Once the raspberries are mostly liquid, add in the chia seeds and remove from the heat.
- Pour into a glass container and leave to set.
- Keep in the fridge for a few days.
(Chia jam doesn’t have as much sugar as normal jams so it doesn’t keep as well)