I got my days wrong and made tacos on a monday night instead of #TACOTUESDAY!! oh well they were delicious nonetheless. Summer is on its way in Australia and it means Mangoes are everywhere and so delicious and juicy. I want to make the most of them this summer by eating as many as I can and putting them in more recipes!
So here comes my black bean tacos. I actually ate some in Las Vegas 3 years ago- not healthy though. So these are much healthier. I didn’t make my own tortillas because #mumlife (or really #lazymumlife!) I used some good quality 100% corn tortillas.
I also used canned black beans because they are much easier and convenient. I try to reduce my canned legumes and soak them myself but sometimes convenience wins.
These tacos are super easy, healthy, tasty and vegan. They would be perfect for summer evenings with friends.
Vegan Black Bean Mango Salsa Tacos
- 2 red onions
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 large ripe mango
- 3 tomatoes or 200gr of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp- 1 tsp of chilli powder depending on taste
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 12-15 mini tortillas.
- avocado (optional- mine was not ripe so didn’t make it to the recipe)
- extra chilli
- Slice the red onion and cook in a pan on medium heat with olive oil until soft;
- Add in the rinsed and drained black beans.
- Add in the spices (chilli, paprika, garlic and onion powder)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes on low heat.
- While the onions and beans cook, slice your tomatoes and mango, 1/2 red onion and coriander and mix together in a bowl to make the salsa.
- Remove beans from the heat.
- Serve with warmed up tortillas, avocado, chilli, coriander and the mango salsa.
Super easy! enjoy xx