Sorry to be reposting old recipes but I am moving my website from blogger to wordpress and I want to include all my favourite recipes. Don’t hesitate to let me know which recipe of mine you really want to find on my blog. xxx
In winter I crave lots of soups, curries and veggie stews. I made this Satay coconut curry the other night and it was delicious! Warming, healthy, comforting and quick and easy!
I used coconut water instead of using coconut milk/coconut cream which can be a bit heavy. It was still creamy with the curry paste I made and the peanut butter.
Here comes the recipe:
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp (less if needed) of chilli powder
- 3 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups of coconut water
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cm of ginger
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp tamari
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 red onion
- broccolini, broccoli or snowpeas
- cashews, red cabbage, coriander and fresh chilli to top (optional)
- brown rice or noodles to serve it with
- In a blender, add the spices, coconut water, garlic, 1/2 onion, ginger, tamari, chilli, peanut butter, lime and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large pan, add a little of oil and cook the curry paste for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add in the diced carrots, onion, brocollini and cook covering for a lid until the veggies are soft. Stir often so the paste doesn’t stick.
- Serve with rice and coriander.