Thank you for all the love I have received on my Instagram page for this cake. I have loved seeing the remakes and I hope everyone will love it. I want to make it again but sadly the oven in our temporary accommodation isn’t working. Not having an oven is really not ideal for someone who bakes 2-3 times a week haha
Hopefully we get to have it fixed very soon.
Healthy Vegan Carrot Cake with Cashew Vanilla Icing
2 cups of wholemeal flour
2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
2 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of flaxseed powder
1 1/2 cup of nut or soy milk
2 large carrots grated
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1/3 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of nutmeg powder
1 tsp of vanilla powder
1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven at 175degrees Celsius.
2. Line a cake tin with baking paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, add in the dry ingredients together and mix.
4. Add in the wet ingredients and mix slowly.
5. Grate the carrots and fold them gently with the dough.
6. Pour in your cake tin and cook for 50-60 minutes at 175degrees.
7. Leave to cool down before adding my cashew vanilla icing and extra walnuts.
Cashew Vanilla IcingÂ
1 cup of soaked cashews
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla powder
4 tbsp of water
2 tbsp of maple syrup
1. Soak your cashews in water overnight and drain and rinse.
2. Mix in a blender with the other ingredients until creamy and smooth.
3. Add more water if required.
4. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes before pouring on top of your cake when cooled down.